The MD-360 Equity Report—A History in the Affairs of MannKind’s Revolutionary Diabetes Treatment
Editor Notes: We are long on MNKD as of the publication of this article back in June 2014. We sold out our stock a while back, but continue to be confident in this thesis. In 2013, we wrote our first PRO article on Mannkind through Seeking Alpha. The stock had appreciated more than 40 percent since our publication. We strongly believe that the company is still highly undervalued, based on conservative valuation models and the upcoming catalysts. The aforesaid firm is one of the most powerful biopharmaceuticals among hundreds we studied. Last but not least, this is an ongoing work to be updated as time permits.
The full article is available at this link.
As what is seemingly a blessing to the MannKind shareholders and to hundred of million of patients worldwide, the United States FDA approved Toujeo on Friday Feb. 25, 2015.
With the aforementioned key event in placed by nearly five months early, Afrezza and Toujeo to witness a rapid up ramping of sales, much sooner than what the market anticipated was a “controlled launch.”
To gauge at how quickly a resourceful biopharma can catapult its FDA approved drug into a blockbuster, let us examine the case for orlistat.
Advices for Investors
We do not wish to mess with perfection: It is best to leave Buffett’s advices in his own words for readers to savor the teaching of the Oracle.
In part one of the analysis, we noted that Berkshire has grown to the gargantuan capitalization of $363 billion: The fact that the Buffett partnership is still able to post substantial-growth by numerous “bolt on” acquisitions speaks volumes for the skills of Warren and his partner Charlie Munger.
The biopharma DaVita Healthcare Partners (NYSE:DVA)—that is serving the needs of patients suffering from end stage kidney diseases, a diabetes complication that require dialysis—announced the company received its 10th year designation as Fortune Magazine’s World Most Admired Companies in 2015.
Analysis of the Rare Investment Mistake, Tesco Plc.
According to Buffett, “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people.” The Oracle of Omaha is certainly not cheap, especially when it comes to his integrity and honesty. With that said, we will analyze a rare mistake that he made and had been quite open and honest about it.
Not many people heard of Astaxanthin, but this unpopular supplement has a key antioxidant—a compound that prevents cellular damages and promotes healing by inhibiting a biochemical reaction called “oxidation”—that is 100 times stronger than that of green tea.
Dispelling The Myths And Instilling The Truth Pertaining to Buffett
With Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK) announcement of Warren Buffett 2014 annual letter to the shareholders, there had been optimism for the most part and some scrutiny toward the Oracle of Omaha, who is the manager of the aforesaid Buffett Partnerships.
MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD), yesterday, announced that the firm to post the results of fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 on Feb. 24, 2015 at 5pmET. Thereafter, Chief Executive Officer Hakan Edstrom and Chief Financial Officer Mathew Pfeffer will conduct the conference call to discuss any pertinent development. Former CEO and Founder Alfred Mann, Ph.D. will not be presented at the said call, as Mann recently transitioned into his new role as Chairman of the Board.
The company achieves record sales and earnings for 2014. Performance sets solid foundation for planned separation in mid-2015
Contrary to the prevalent belief that patients who are afflicted with obesity are lazy, unintelligent or unmotivated, the big picture is modern day cultures are evolving rapidly toward desk-bound and sedentary lifestyles. Much of the said transition is due to technological and cultural advancement, and with that, patients who are overweight, as a group are actually highly intelligent.
Galvanized Enthusiasm with Afrezza Launch
February 2015 witnesses intensifying interest and affinity for the revolutionary inhaled Technosphere insulin Afrezza, from patients, advocates as well as physicians. Just two weeks into launch, of what is seemingly fruitful collaborations between MannKind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD) and the Global Diabetes Powerhouse Sanofi (NYSE:SNY), the Flames of Hopes to torch clouds of doubts, thus, welcoming the Third Revolutionary diabetes treatment.
In a recent research note, we elucidated essential information for patients who suffer from diabetes complications especially end stage kidney diseases Nevertheless, the message might loses its efficacy in the aforesaid publication, and with that, we wish to reiterate it in The MD-360 Medicine Report.
Flu Vaccinations for All Patients Older than 6mos.
As mentioned in a research note, the 2014-2015 flu season is in full swing. We noted, “Feeling under the weather” best describes symptoms of the flu—fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea—that are quite vague. Despite that fever is commonly observed in most infections, a patient can still have normal temperature, as elucidated.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (“IPF”) is taking tolls on 100,000 Americans and every 13 to 20 per 100,000 Europeans. After received the deadly diagnosis, one has less than 5-years of life to button up family affairs.
Scientists Discovered in NYC Subways Bacteria Resembling Bubonic Plague
The word “Bubonic Plague” often elicits public-fear, rats-infestation and million-deaths, as depicted in those pages of Medieval Europe’s “blackdeath.”
On Feb. 25, 2015, shares of Second Sight Medical Products Inc (Nasdaq: EYES), a biotechnology firm, focusing on the development and commercialization of visual prosthetic to restore sight, sees the light at the end of a long tunnel of bearish market sentiments.
Amidst prognostications that inject clouds of doubts for monetary gains of short sellers, the real picture of Mannkind Corporation (Nasdaq:MNKD) is that of a stellar biopharmaceuticals company.
Despite developments featured in 2014 annual report, GoPro Inc failed to capture Wall Street confidence
Since June 26, 2014, post-IPO ascension to $98.47 peak in Dec. 2014, the stock continues its descent
Forbes writer Brian Solomon warned investors of 2013 declined in HERO cameras sales and net income
No Clear Consensus Among Trials Data, But Seemingly Efficacious and Safe
Despite lacking strong uniformity for most randomized clinical trials data for efficacy, acupuncture indeed activates certain nerve receptors that, in turns, trigger the release of pain controlling substances and other critical brain messengers like serotonin.
Editor notes: The article is now available exclusively through the VIP program.
Pfizer to Acquire Hospira for $17 Billion
The 2014 waves of merger and acquisitions continue into Feb. 5, 2015, as Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) announces, that it entered into an agreement to acquire Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP) for $17 billion or $90 per share. Given that the Board of Directors of both firms unanimous approval of the said transaction, it is highly likely the deal will ink.
21st-Century Therapeutic Breakthrough RNAi
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc (Nasdaq:ALNY) is the most dominant leader in the development of RNAi medicines that are, in and of themselves, highly likely the 21st-Century breakthrough therapeutics with vast potential applications: The new treatment modality can traverse courses that limit conventional treatments.
What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself from the flu?
Since 2013, Wall Street and main street alike have been following developments in the infectious liver disease markets with galvanized enthusiasm, particularly hepatitis C. Despite having products that cover the oncology and cardiovascular arenas, the Foster Lake City California-based firm Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:GILD) captured the HIV/AIDS plus the infectious liver disease markets with complete dominance.
Intercept Shareholders and Patients Afflicted by NASH Celebrate
Editor notes: The PRO MD-360 Report features in depth analysis and is exclusively available through our VIP Program. In the spirit of Dr. Mann and SVP Pierre Chancel of the French Powerhouse Sanofi that deliver hopes to patients and values for shareholders, we decided to make the research available to all. We hope that you enjoy our diligence in pushing those extra-miles, and please feel free to share it with your friends.
We are conducting a thorough analysis of leading biopharmaceuticals innovating therapeutics that deliver hopes in the liver infectious disease market: Of notable is Regulus Therapeutics Inc (Nasdaq:RGLS), a firm that is developing RNAi-based medicines to tackle the dreaded infection of hepatitis C.
Source: Nature Genetics
- The MD-360 Report: How Opportune Investors Can Profit From Staples Acquisition of Office Depot for $6.3 Billion
- The MD-360 Report: Global Powerhouse Sanofi and MannKind Deliver Afrezza and Hopes to Patients
- The MD-360 Report: MMA Legends Silva and Diaz Both Failed Drug Tests and Mysteries Remained
- The PRO MD-360 Report: How Lilly FDA Approved Glyxambi Fits into the Sanofi-MannKind Partnership’s Enrapturing Diabetes Care?
- The MD-360 Reports on Bluebird Bio’s Corporate Development
- The MD-360 Reports on Centura and Buffett’s DaVita Joint Ventures “FullWell”
- Baxter International achieves record sales and earnings for fiscal 2014
- FDA Granted “Breakthrough Therapy” Designation for OCA
- FDA Approves Imbruvica for the Treatment of Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia
- A Brief Video Presentation of MannKind and Intercept Part I
- The MD-360 Reports: Increasing Longevity. Growing Global Populations. Biopharmaceuticals to Deliver Hopes and Values.
- How to Be Opportune as Intelligent Investors in Chaotic Markets
- The PRO MD-360 Report: Is the Sanofi-MannKind Partnership Executing an Early Afrezza Launch?
- Ultimate Synergy in Diabetes Treatment: A Glimpse of the Prototype of An Artificial Pancreas
- The 360-MD Report — A Featured Coverage of Phillip Fisher Growth Biopharma Baxter International
- The Tango: Scent of a Woman
- Sanofi’s Chosen Ones: Regeneron’s Alirocumab Developments and MannKind’s Afrezza Launch
- Arrowhead Research is Right On Target with RNAi, Investors Cheer with Optimism
- Doctor Tran Morning Round of Disruptive Equities For The Intelligent Investors
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals: Excellent Trial Data. Share Price Head South. A Golden Buying Opportunity.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals Scores Major Victory Against Autoimmune Diseases
- Breaking Complete Dominance in the Diabetes Market: MannKind Earned the First Milestone Payment
- Omega Protein Corporation: To Galvanize Earnings Growth Through Human Nutrition
- M&A Case Study: Roche to Acquire Foundation Medicine for Individualized Oncology Therapeutics
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals: Shareholders Await Emricasan’s Top-line Results with Optimism
- Conatus to Report Top-line Results From ACLF and Organ Impairment Clinical Trials of Emricasan
- 360-MD Featured Report: Breaking Growth Synergy with Sanofi, Regeneron and MannKind
- A Short Story to Warm The Heart
- Bio-Reference Lab: Thriving Amidst The Sea of Changes in U.S. Healthcare
- The PRO MD-360 Reports on Biopharmas Leading the Pack: Intercept, Regeneron, MannKind, InterMune and Sanofi.
- Buffett’s Investment DaVita to Brighten Up the Holiday Spirit with Shoes for Kids
- Cyanotech Announces Litigation Resolved Shareholders Celebrate
- Lilly Received the Third FDA Approval for Cyramza, offering hopes to Patients Afflicted by Deadly Lung Cancers
- Corporate Laws: Apple Victorious in the Decade Long Anti-Trust Legal Nightmare Regarding the iPods
- Corporate Laws: Confidentiality Treatment Order Under SEC Rule 24b2
- Frontline Ltd. Staying in Front of the Oil-Tanker Business
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals in Sweet Tunes of Growth and Fair Value
- Goldfield Corp Sees Huge Insider Vote of Confidence
- Neurocrine Biosciences Strengthening Its Moat With Pipeline Expansion
- Medivation Inc: Shifting Dominance in the Prostate Cancer Market
- An Interesting Pipeline of Vaccines: Will Kite Pharma Be Flying High?
- Bluebird Bio Investors Enjoy Positive Binary Event With Promising Data Results for B-Thalassemia Major
- Arguments for Randomized Trial on Ebola and Physicians Perspectives
- Merck Engages in Discussion to Acquire Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Excellent Jobs Report; Should The Fed Raise Rates In 2015 Or Reverse QE First?